Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tech news: Cool software, Apple not that great, Comcast also not that great

My favorite part: It's amazing, they all love Gmail, Google Reader, and Pidgin.

My favorite part: Wow, this article says that Macs now account for 20% of PC market share in the US and 10% worldwide. Just a few years ago, Mac market share was down around 5% in the US. I want to know if the "market share" this article cites is on new computers sold or the inventory of total computers. It seems impossible that 1 in 5 computers is a Mac.

My favorite part: "As Apple has grown to absorb as much as 20 percent of the U.S. computer market, its customers are getting more diverse and harder to satisfy. "Apple, it seems, now has to deal with the average Joe and the average Joe is considerably more cranky than some turtle-necked fanboys in their loft in SoHo," Biggs wrote."

My favorite part: "I continue to believe that is imperative that all consumers have unfettered access to the Internet", said Martin" [one of three of the FCC's five commission members who voted to punish Comcast]

No comments: